St. Johnsbury House Senior Living
Originally built in the 1850s, St. Johnsbury House was restored and rehabbed in 2001 by the developers of Summit Properties who sought to provide affordable senior housing in Northern Vermont. St. Johnsbury House is conveniently located on Main Street in historic downtown St. Johnsbury and was awarded the Kingdom Improvement Award by the Northeast Kingdom Chamber of Commerce in 2001. The House consists of 39 independent senior living apartments for those 55+.
St. Johnsbury House offers residents an affordable living option for the next phase in their life. Residents enjoy getting to know their neighbors and being a part of the community through optional meals, daily activities, monthly parties, and more. On-site nursing services, maintenance-free living, and other supportive services let residents age gracefully, while staying independent. Everything at St. Johnsbury is optional, so the price to can fit your personal budget and allow you to determine what you need every step of the way.
The House offers a beautiful historic feel with restored hardwood floors, multiple common spaces including the library, fireplace living room, wonderful dining room, recreation room, and more. One bed-room home-style apartments include a large living/dining area, spacious bathroom, large closets with storage, individually controlled heat, and air conditioning for an additional cost.
- Summit Café – Weekly meals served in the main dining room.
- Forever Young Social Life – Daily activities organized by residents and staff.
- Hair Salon – Full service hair salon and barbershop on-site.
- Bus transportation available, conveniently located on the RCT Bus Route.
- Convenient location in the heart of St. Johnsbury, within walking distance to shopping, parks, library, restaurants.
- Spacious gathering rooms for common use and family parties, including dining room, living room, library, recreation room, and more.
- Secure building and 24-hour emergency maintenance.
- No entry fee, monthly dues, or service fees!
- Monthly rental amount includes all utilities.
- Cable TV offered at a discounted rate only for residents of St. Johnsbury House.
- Telephone and Wi-Fi internet available.
- Laundry machines available on-site.
- Storage units with 24/7 access.
- Air conditioning available during warmer months.
- 1 year lease, with security deposit required.